The intention of this document is to establish clear and acceptable behavior expectations for Wiarton Bluffs golf Club Ltd. members, guests, visitors and employees. It is not intended to restrict the rights of anyone but rather to ensure that all playing members, committee members, guests, and employees can expect to be treated with dignity and respect while playing, working or volunteering at Wiarton Bluffs Golf Club Ltd.
Wiarton Bluffs Golf Club Ltd. is committed to providing an environment that is free of discrimination, harassment and intimidation for members, employees and guests. Members, guests and visitors are all reminded that an acceptable standard of behaviour is expected in all areas of the Club and course, at all times and that upon payment of membership or green fees, all members, guests and visitors have given their consent to be bound by both the restrictions and penalties which may be imposed for any breach of the club’s standards or serious misconduct in failing to meet the standards set in this Code of Conduct.
Members will be liable for any breach committed whether by themselves or their guests.
Golf Canada Rule 1.2 – Standards of Player Conduct:
– Golf Canada Rule 1.2a Conduct Expected of All Players
– All players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
• Acting with integrity – for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.
• Showing consideration to others – for example, by playing at a prompt pace, looking out for the safety of others, and not distracting the play of another player.
– Rule 1 introduces these central principles of the game for the player:
• Play the course as you find it and play the ball as it lies.
• Play by the Rules and in the spirit of the game.
• You are responsible for applying your own penalties if you breach a Rule, so that you cannot gain any potential advantage over your opponent in match play or other players in stroke play.
Golf Canada Rule 1.2b – Code of Conduct
– Wiarton Bluffs Golf Club Ltd. has adopted the following Code of Conduct as a Local Rule
Violations while on the Wiarton Bluffs Golf Club Ltd. property (golf course, club house and parking lot) include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Conduct yourself in a sportsmanlike manner and do not knowingly cheat, disrespect employees, officials or fellow players.
– Abusive language and emotional outbursts.
– Failure to replace divots, rake bunkers, repair ball marks on greens.
– Any intentional abuse of the golf course.
– Any use or association with drugs, (recreational Cannabis exempt).
– Excessive use of alcohol or Cannabis.
– Only alcoholic beverages purchased from the club are permitted on the course, as per LLBO laws
Based on the severity of the misconduct, the Wiarton Bluffs Golf Club Ltd. may apply any of the following penalties for Code of Conduct violations:
Eject the guest/member/visitor from the golf course immediately. Issue a verbal or written warning to the guest/member/visitor.
Ban or suspend the guest/member/visitor.
Such member will not be entitled to a refund of any part of the dues and fees paid by the member to the Club.